Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Run 4 Kids



So the past year I have picked up some crazy past times. One I never thought I would love is running. So being an aerobic instructor has a few atvantages other than getting paid to work out. I can get into a few local runs for free. Well my boss at Golds gym got my whole family in this one. The "Run For Kids" The kids ran a 1K. While Rusty and I ran the 5k. It was Rusty's first run and he placed 3rd in his age division. Ugh how annoying. I was sure proud. I took 2nd in my ade division, only because it was a small race. That was my ONLY chance. I still was very pround of myself for keeping a 7 minute 20 secound pace. Who would've thought. I coulnd't even finish a mile in high school. Well since then I have done a half marathon, 10k and few others. I couldn't walk for 3 days after the half, but it was worth it. If you want a good stress relief I highly recomend running. Also if you think you can't ever enter a race. Well your wrong. They are for anyone. Short and long ones. Some people even walk.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we are going to join in the local race for the cure...just for fun.....I'm sure I will be the one walking.

golfingbloxham said...

I just have to say that I stinking LOVE you!!!! You are so awesome!!! You have such a cute family, but then again look at the parents.....you kids will definately all grow up to be heart breakers!See you in class!

the batts said...

hi renee!!!!
you crack me up! i wish i lived close and then i would take your kickboxing class. your kids are adorable and you look great! so glad i can see what's going on with you on your blog. :)

Guzman Gang said...

Renee,
I found your blog! im so glad! I havent seen you forever!! Hows it going? My blog site is www.aandjguzman.blogspot.com
jen

Jamie said...

I am so glad you found my blog. Your family is so cute! Hey and good job on the race!