

So one of my items on my bucket list was to run a Marathon. I did it! I didn't train at all b/c I was going to try for another baby. Well that never happened so the day before, a friend informed me they would not be able to run. So I jumped on the chance to run! Not sure if that was the best idea considering I ended up getting Plantar Fasciitis. A super painful problem with the muscles in both my feet. I could not even stand for 4 days. It was so Horrible. Anyway, my longest run was the Hurricane Half (12.1 Miles)Starting in Virgin and running to Hurricane High School. That was in May. Pretty much from May to October I ran a total of 15 miles, 2 at a time. There were several reasons I wanted to run the STG Marathon even if it was last minute.
1. We are moving soon and I don't know where.(Long story)So I wanted to run with my friends here who supported me to start running.
2. I am not sure if I have the will power to train. My friends were waking up at 5 am to run. No way I need my sleep or I am non-functioning whatsoever.
3. If you want to feel good about yourself no matter how slow you are at running, go enter a race 5k/10k whatever. You can do it and it feels good to cross that finish even if I am slow!
I Just want to add how grateful I am for a set of great friends.
Liz you have been so supportive and kept pushing me to keep going, and telling me I can do it when I thought I couldn't.
Mandy for being my running partner at a couple of runs. Even if I did want to throw up at Beat the Banker. Man wen ran 7 min 14 second miles that was fast.
Rusty for supporting my crazy last minute ideas, and putting up with me when I am so cranky and so sore I can't walk for days at a time.
Shelly Kidd-Thomas for being my last minute Marathon partner. Thank you so much I would have never finished if I didn't have you by my side. You were awesome. Giving all the kids high fives along the way, smiling while I wanted to cry.
4 hours 43 minutes later I crossed the finish line. Soaking wet. It rained the entire time. My shoes soles are so stiff I can't even bend them. I do want to do another one just in a couple of years. When I am done with kids and make time to train.




13 comments:
AWESOME RENEE...Congrats! I am so proud of you. And, man, if I could just look that good, I would never need to run a marathon...I would just sit and stare at myself all day in the mirror. :)
Right on Renee! Over 4 hours of running? You certainly have impressed me, and now I feel the need to get off my big butt and do something! :)
WOW! What a great accomplishment! You are a great inspiration!
You are amazing, Renee! You have alot of persistance to be able to even finish a race like that when you haven't trained. You make me want to take up running and I've always hated it. That is an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations!
You are amazing. You can do it once you put your mind to it. I will miss you guys when you move.
I probably wouldn't be able to walk for a month! I totally look up to people with these aspirations. That is awesome!...except for the feet part. Hopefully they don't give you anymore trouble.
Also, you have such a cute little family. Kids make blog posts so funny! I loved reading about the secret Barbie pictures...I can totally see my husband doing that to our kids someday.
You are nuts! But i'm glad you can walk now...I've missed you at your friday spin class...probably cuz you were disabled. Congratulaions on the great time though...thats pretty fast for not training!
you are awesome! i love that about you. you have such a fun attitude and it is contagious. now we just need to get you in a tri, maybe you should do an ironman for your first.
Hey, we were just talking about you the other day. I can't believe you ran the marathon! I plan to run it next year. I hear your foot is having serious issues. I am doing the Butch Cassidy next weekend. We miss you at the gym!
Yea Renee! That's an awesome accomplishment! I'm glad you found my blog, so now I have yours. Where are you guys moving to?
I can't believe you did it with no training!!! I'm trying not to talk myself out of running the half in January. Pretty tough. Great job!
You are so cute! Congrats that is such a great accomplishment!
Renee I came upon your blog and I just wanted you to know how impressed I am that you ran a marathon. You are so amazing!!!
Post a Comment